- Register this Summer & get the Health Coach Certification ($599 value) at no cost! (see our locations page to register w/ college partners )
- 7 – Week Program That Includes The National Exam Vouchers! + In-Person Labs & Bonus Online Study Course
Are you looking to begin a fitness career? W.I.T.S. has the perfect solution for you! Our Hybrid Certified Personal Trainer Course is designed to give aspiring personal trainers the knowledge and skills necessary to become an industry-leading professional in no time at all. With our comprehensive online course, experienced instructors, and the fitness industry’s only hands-on practical lab experience, you’ll have the comprehensive education necessary to get certified and start your career in no time.
Our Certified Personal Trainer course provides new trainers with all the knowledge and skills needed to become a leader in the fitness industry. Our online course is designed to give students an understanding of fitness fundamentals, anatomy, as well as nutrition and exercise science. In addition, experience instructors will be available to answer any questions and provide guidance throughout the course. Our unique practical lab experience provides students with hands-on training in actual fitness centers, giving them the opportunity to incorporate their knowledge into a real-world environment.
At W.I.T.S., we understand that finding the right fitness school can be difficult, which is why we take pride in offering a comprehensive program to get you certified and ready to start your career. Our Hybrid Certified Personal Trainer Course is the perfect choice for those looking to become certified and begin their fitness journey. Take the first step today and enroll in W.I.T.S.’s Hybrid Certified Personal Trainer Course! We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!
- Special Note: The Trainer Program is not required in order to take the national exam and is not endorsed as the only or preferred means of exam preparation.
Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer
- NCCA Accredited in PRACTICAL SKILLS & written core knowledge to prove competency.
- Also the only certification with 3 college credits towards a degree. (a fitness industry 1st)
- Includes 15 hours of bonus recorded video lectures and 15 hours of video practical lab demonstrations to learn the essential hands on skills.
- Additionally get ALL 15 hours of LIVE instruction from a veteran teacher providing hands on practical labs at the college or local private fitness center
Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer
- Complete (30) hour employer internship to earn the Level 2 CPT
- A direct pathway to employment by meeting and completing the internship at an employer’s place of business
- W.I.T.S. at no extra cost will assist in this step.
- * This step along with the course has 3 pre-approved College Credits towards a degree
Fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. Examples include:
- Sports and athletic teams (coaching)
- Gyms and fitness facilities (24 Hour Fitness, Crunch Fitness, Gold’s Gyms, Anytime Fitness & More)
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
- Self-employment (Own A Fitness Studio)
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness enthusiasts, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Required textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. ON SALE while supply lasts – The e-book costs $74 and the cost for the hard cover version is $99, plus shipping. To order with W.I.T.S. click here while SALE supplies last.
Amazon also has a rent a book set up. Check out Amazon textbooks here and save.
Career Networking Event is Part of Your Tuition
Do you want an invitation to meet employers and or a fitness panel to get you started? Join the event. Questions? E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To achieve the National Personal Fitness Trainer Certification:
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal. SPECIAL NOTE: The CPT course is not required to take the national certification exams
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued after the exams.
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is provided to all students.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date.
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date.
This certificate program is offered in collaboration with local colleges and universities in North America.
your steps to a passionate career
Shop by category
Don’t know which course is right for you? Get in contact with our experts!