You may have constructed the most beautiful and well-equipped facility in the history of gyms, but without skilled, qualified, personable staff, your business will not succeed. Attracting, training and retaining the best staff is fundamental to creating an exemplary service culture. This course will help you identify and build a winning team, and to provide the types of leadership and management skills that are essential to a productive working environment. The optional text for this class is Fitness Management, 3rd Ed. Chapters 15 and 16 from this text will be used in this class. To successfully complete this class and earn your 2 CECs, you must review all of the material, complete all of the assignments, and score 100% on the quiz.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between an employee and an independent contractor.
- Identify the various key positions in a well-staffed fitness club.
- Identify the educational and experiential requirements of various positions.
- Identify important factors of organizational structure and culture that lead to success.
- Explain the essential steps of team-building.
- Identify the qualities of effective leaders.
- Explain how incentives are applied in compensation agreements.
- Explain the essential components of a compensation agreement.
Strongly Recommended Text:
Fitness Management 3rd Edition
This fantastic book is a great interactive resource. It lays the foundation to excel in management with special emphasis on “HOW TO”. Help your health club with your management skills!